Sunday 6 November 2011

Excerpt of Upcoming Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy 2#)

This is a little excerpt from the upcoming book and right now the only part of the upcoming novel that has been released.

"My eyes adjusted to the dim light as I surveyed the room. A substantial bed, small table, narrow benches, and a single chair came into focus. Through the carved uprights supporting the bed's canopy I spied a doorframe that connected this chamber to another room. Light spilled from it onto the coverlet and floor in a misshapen golden rectangle. The walls were covered with the linen-fold panelling that I remembered from the few times I'd visited Matthew's home in present-day Woodstock. Elaborately herringboned bricks lined the chimney, their outlines sharpened by the fire's flames. They looked right, too. Such ornate brickwork would appeal to the stonemason Matthew had once been. Tipping my head back, I saw the ceiling - thickly plastered, coffered into squares, with a splashy red-and-white Tudor rose picked out in gilt in each recess.

'The roses were obligatory when the house was built,' Matthew commented drily. 'I can't stand them. We'll paint them all white at the first opportunity.'

My gaze returned to my husband and I smiled with sudden excitement. 'I really did it. I didn't mess it up, or take us somewhere else like Monticello, or-'

'No,' he said with an answering smile, 'you did beautifully. Welcome to Elizabethan England...'"



Cant wait for this to be released I hope it is just as long as the first.

Posted by Rapunzel

4 comments:

  1. That's it i want more at least give us a page or two. A paragraph does not cut it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want so much more i want more then just this lousy paragraph ; I've been waiting fr this book .

    ReplyDelete